Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dr. Suess

My Many Colored Days

Some days are yellow.
Some are blue.
On different days I'm different too.
You'd be surprised how many ways
I change on Different Colored Days.
On Bright Red Days how good it feels
to be a horse and kick my heels!
On other days I'm other things.
On Bright Blue Days I flap my wings.
Some days, of course, feel sort of Brown.
Then I feel slow and low, low down.
Then comes a Yellow Day and Wheeee
I am a busy, buzzy bee.
Gray Day....Everything is gray. I watch. But nothing moves today.
Then all of a sudden I'm a circus seal! On my Orange Days that's how I feel.
Green Days. Deep deep in the sea. Cool and quite fish. That's me.
On Purple Days I'm sad. I groan. I drag my tail. I walk alone.
But when my days are Happy Pink it's great to jump and just not think.
Then come my Black Days. MAD. And loud. I howl. I growl at every cloud.
Then comes a Mixed-Up Day. And WHAM! I don't know who or what I am!
But it all turns out all right, you see. And I go back to being...me
.


My good friend Kristen gave me a copy of this book on a piece of paper, I read it and I thought "man, this is so true."  Everyday is different right now, mixed up emotions.  Today has been a mixed-up day.  One minute I'm one thing and the next I'm another.  I definitely feel purple mostly. 
Caylee and I were on the way to church and I just started sobbing, Caylee yelled at me "Mommy! Turn around!"
I told her I couldn't of course, and she says "Awe, Mommy cryin'"
I said "Mommy's okay baby, she just misses baby Kyndal"
Caylee then says "Mommy, baby Kyndal with Jesus."
I'm so glad she understands and she can be a comfort to me in this situation. It may be bad that I am leaning on her for comfort at times, but she is a big huge part of my sanity.  Love on your babies.  I know I'm loving on mine, there is just one I'm having to love from a distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment